There are many ways people can support DAA and we always offer something in return…
1) Join a workshop – our photo and film workshops are very affordable and half of the fees support the artist, with the remaining half reinvested into our programs.
2) Buy a print from one of our exhibitions, or choose from the many matted prints for sale at the center.
3) Become a member – both paid and unpaid memberships help us.
4) Give in-kind gifts to our artist in residence program – such as meal or drinks vouchers.
5) Donate a portion of your tax money to DAA. You can write it off your taxes so it costs you nothing!
6) Donate a print for our annual silent auction.
8 ) Support our crowd-funding projects
9 ) Donate online – DAA keeps its overheads low so that every penny, baht & yen goes to useful projects.
What your donation can achieve
- US$ 10 buys a documentary DVD for the library
- US$ 20 buys a book for the library
- US$ 50 buys a scholarship seat at one of our photo or video workshops
- US$ 100 buys a grant for a talented student to shoot an important project.
- US$ 300 provides the basic costs of a month exhibition, so we can offer the space & printing for free to documentary photographersovers
- US$ 500 covers the cost of our Artist-in-residence program
- US$ 1,000 pays for the gallery/library rent and bills for a month
- US$ 5,000 covers most of the costs of the Chiang Mai Documentary Arts Festival
- US$ 12,000 covers most of our basic costs for a year allowing us to focus full time on teaching, mentoring and bringing world-class programming to region.